Apartment Decorations for the Playfully Energetic
Hey Apartmentites! Brianne here, your apartment decorating and style expert, and I want to share with you a little insight on making your apartment fit the mold of the motto at Apartment Home Living.
Okay, so at this point I think it is safe to admit that there is a huge variety of things that people “Live 4″ out there, but one specific “live for” is our motto around here and it rings true with just about everyone…(except those sad and forlorned emo-kids.) We (most of us at least) Live for Fun!
So why not let it show in your apartment decorations too? Here are a few simple ideas to help you decorate your apartment to reflect playfulness and energy.
1. Keep the Dining Area Simple- Try a small wooden table and don’t decorate it too heavily. Allow the wood grain to shine and show off the simplicity. Let all the attention be put on the furniture. It becomes cheaper for you and makes a bolder statement. Avoid bulky drapes and let the sun shine through using light fabrics and light colors on the windows. You want you kitchen area to feel fresh and rejuvenating. The light provides energy!
2. Extra Space Can Be Great- If you have a ton of extra space in your apartment, turn some of it into an area for you to do the things that you really enjoy. Whether its a game station or a reading spot, maximize your storage and space possibilities by building shelves to house your favorite games, DVD’s, or books! Nothing says “fun” like having a space that is purely meant to celebrate what you do for “fun.”
3. Mirrors and Candles- So you want to have some really energetic, expressive, and fun walls but not sure how to do it? Easy. Take a bunch of left over or old mirrors and attach them to a wall at varying levels first. Right there, you suddenly have created an “open” feel that goes beyond fun and free. Then if you are feeling like really make the place great. Take a ton of candles (if allowed in your lease) and place them on small shelves in front of each mirror. It gives off a classic almost Victorian type feel in a fun and energetic way!
4. Accent Wall!- Don’t waste the time and energy painting an entire room. Instead, roll one solid (and very bold) color of the most important wall in a room and let it draw all of the attention. In your living room, make this either the wall behind your entertainment center or couch. In your bedroom, make it the wall behind the headboard. In the bathroom, make it the wall with the mirror. Remember…everything on that wall is going to stand out more, so don’t put your ugly old stuff there.
5. Put Your Life Into Your Environment- You should always have your apartment reflect yourself. In fact, it should be a spitting image! If you have a bold, bright sense of humor, using bright colors and letting in lots of light can really help match your apartment to you. One of my friends once framed a dozen different jokes and hung them all throughout his apartment. Everywhere you went…you could have a laugh. If music is your thing, how about framing cd inserts and hanging them throughout. If you can’t express yourself through the way your apartment looks and feels, when can you?!
If you follow these simple tips and have a little fun while decorating, your place will feel incredible in no time with energy and tons of flowing freedom!
For more info on the apartment lifestyle, check out ApartmentHomeLiving.com